Email Money Transfer Instructions
[medpotnow.com accepts Interac e-Transfers]
What is an Interac e-Transfer?
Interac e-Transfer is a simple, convenient, and secure way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another. All you need is access to online or mobile banking through a participating financial institution, and you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile phone number and a bank account in Canada — without sharing any personal or financial information. It's a great alternative to cheques and cash.
How do I complete the Interac e-Transfer?
Follow these steps:
Shop for the products you would like to purchase then add them to the shopping cart and checkout how you would normally.
Select the option "Interac e-Transfer" located on the payment page.
Confirm & record your order total, as you will need to enter it later.
Login into your bank account online.
Locate Interac e-Transfer, usually found in the Transfer/Payments menu.
Fill in the following Interac e-Transfer information accordingly...
Recipient's email: email@example.com (please DO NOT use this email for any inquiries as we will not respond. Please use our "contact us" page for all communications)
Payment amount: $XXX.XX (this is the total amount of your order calculated upon checkout, including taxes and shipping fees if applicable).
Choose the account from which you wish to withdraw your funds: Checking, Savings, etc.
Security Question: Please enter the following for the Security Question..."What is my membership number?"
Security Answer: Please enter your membership number, as we will use this as the Security Answer. No one has access to this number except you, the customer, and us the seller. This will save time and the need for further communication and allow your order to ship much sooner.
Add option personal message: If any information on the e-transfer is different then what we have on file, i.e. Name, Email, etc., please include the correct information so we can verify your account.
*** Important to know: Your money never travels by email, email is only used to notify the recipient of the transfer ***
7. The email notification, not the money, is sent to our secure email inbox. Upon logging into our bank account, we will then use the Security Answer (your membership number) to deposit the order payment into our bank account.
How your Interac e-Transfer is protected
With Interac e-Transfer, your money never actually travels by email. Email messages are only used to notify the recipient and to provide instructions on how to deposit the money. Your financial institution and your recipient’s financial institution transfer funds using established and secure banking procedures.
Interac e-Transfer rely on several security measures
- Encryption technology
- Confidential user IDs and passwords issued by financial institutions
- A secure login process
- A security question and answer to ensure only the intended recipient receives the money
Always be careful when sending money
An Interac e-Transfer transaction cannot be reversed once the recipient of the funds has deposited the transfer. You must obtain a refund directly from the recipient.
The benefits of Interac e-Transfer
- Send and receive money directly from and to your existing bank account
- The money can be accessed immediately after the transfer is accepted
- To send an Interac e-Transfer, all you need is the recipient's email address or mobile phone number1
- Never share personal or financial information with the people you send money to: keep your address, phone number and account information private
- The security question protects your transfer from being deposited by unintended recipients
- No need to set up new accounts, user ID or passwords — you're already in online banking
- Email and/or text message carries the notification, so no need to get stamps or to find a mailbox
Tracking your transfer
As a sender - Interac e-Transfer confirmation numbers are saved in your online banking history. In addition, you will receive an email notification and/or text message once the intended recipient has accepted the transfer.
Interac e-Transfer participants
If you're a member of any of the following financial institutions or banks you can use Interac e-transfer: Participating Financial Institutions